Oliver Law Office in Dublin & Columbus, Ohio is pleased and excited to offer an annual scholarship opportunity to promote the education of law and law-related studies. Oliver Law Office is a client-focused law firm emphasizing the individualized needs of each client with Confidence, Courage, and Determination.
Oliver Law Office is a nationally recognized and award-winning law firm committed to the achievement of excellence and giving back to the community. The company was founded in 2001 by Jami S. Oliver, a small-town girl raised by a single parent in Galion, Ohio, who learned the value of a dollar and believed that hard work always paid off. Jami Oliver put herself through college and law school and started her firm without a dime to her name. In 2022, Oliver Law Office was awarded the prestigious Best Law Firms in America by U.S. News Best Lawyers and Oliver was named Lawyer of the Year for her work in Product Liability in Columbus, Ohio by Best Lawyers in America – U.S. News. Oliver also received the Excellence in Community Impact award at the Game Changer’s Summit in Atlanta in 2025.
Oliver Law Office and its team of lawyers and professionals focus primarily in representing those who have been seriously injured or killed by the misconduct of others, including those hurt by medical devices, and recalled drugs and other products, and those who have suffered discrimination and retaliation in the workplace. Oliver Law Office is committed to the creation of a superior client experience and takes pride in the happiness and growth of its team members, because “until we fill up our own buckets, we cannot fill the buckets of our clients and community.”
The annual scholarship consists of $1,000 and will be awarded to at least one student in the Fall of each year. Oliver Law Office reserves the right to award more than one scholarship to more than one well-deserving student in any given year depending on the number and quality of applicants. The scholarship is available upon application for eligible students who are enrolled in either undergraduate or law school with a focus in either pre-law or related fields, and with an ultimate goal of attending law school. The scholarship is also available for incoming first-year law students enrolled in an accredited college or university.
The $1,000 scholarship will assist the recipient or recipients with tuition, fees, and education-related expenses, and all students must comply with all IRS and state tax requirements, as applicable. The deadline for applications and timing of awards are set forth below. Prospective students must prove acceptance into an accredited undergraduate or law school in the United States. Awards will be made in anticipation of starting school in the fall semester of the year of the scholarship being awarded.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following requirements to be eligible for consideration:
- The recipient must be a U.S. citizen or possess authorization to work in the United States;
- The applicant must submit proof of acceptance into an accredited undergraduate program in the area of pre-law or related field or proof of acceptance and enrollment in an accredited law school for the Fall of the year in which the scholarship is being awarded; and
- The applicant must demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the undergraduate level.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents by August 15th of each year to be eligible for consideration for that year’s scholarship:
- An up to date and completed resume;
- An essay which must be typed and single-spaced, in 12-point font, consisting of 500 to 1,000 words, on a topic of the student’s choice, although it should relate to their intended and anticipated practice of law;
- Complete and up to date certified school transcripts from the applicant’s high school, if the student is enrolled in their first year of college in the Fall of the year of the scholarship being awarded, or if the applicant is enrolled in a subsequent year of college or enrolled in law school. Only incoming freshman college students need to provide a high school transcript; all others must submit a college transcript;
- An acceptance letter from a U.S. accredited college or law school; and
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (e.g., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc. Social security cards will not be accepted)/
- The scholarship funds are designated exclusively for school tuition and associated expenses, including living expenses, books, and supplies.
- A $1,000 check will be issued directly to the award recipient or recipients to cover these educational costs.
- Recipients are expected to comply with IRS and state taxation regulations which include submitting relevant receipts and proof of use of funds for education-related expenses.
- Notification of the scholarship award selection(s) will be communicated to recipient(s) by email and/or phone call on or around September 20th of the year in which the award is made.
- Recipients must agree to use their name and likeness for publicity purposes and must sign a release allowing the use of their name and likeness.
- Recipients must agree to submit a video acceptance at the time of the announcement of the award which may be used for marketing purposes or any other legal purpose, including to promote this scholarship opportunity in subsequent years.
All completed applications must be submitted to the following email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), must include all attachments in pdf format, no later than August 15th of the year in which the scholarship is being awarded.
Note: Please refrain from contacting the law firm or any of its employees or representatives directly regarding the scholarship. Only electronically submitted applications to the email provided with all required attachments will be considered.
Oliver Law Office Credo
Oliver Law Office was built to prioritize and support you through unparalleled communication and commitment to your individualized needs.
We pledge to
- provide unique solutions through compassionate service
- approach challenges with confidence, courage, and determination
- remain engaged and dedicated to learning, growing, and excelling as people and professionals
The Oliver Law Office experience instills trust and encourages the ethical and passionate pursuit of justice.
At Oliver Law Office, we’ve led our clients through their Ohio personal injury law needs. Our skilled personal injury lawyers represent clients in the following practice areas and cities:
- Amputation Injury
- Bicycle Accident
- Back Injury
- Brain Injury
- Broken Bone Injury
- Burn Injury
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
- Car Accident
- Defective Medical Device
- Defective Product
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Dog Bite
- Drowsy Driving Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Exactech Implant
- Head-On Collision
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Stop Sign Accident
- Surgical Staplers
- T-Bone Accident
- Truck Accident
- Uber & Lyft Accident
- Wrongful Death