Your Law Firm for Auto, Truck & Pedestrian Accidents in Dublin & Columbus
The Oliver Law Office handles the full range of motor vehicle accident cases in Dublin and Columbus, Ohio, including auto, truck and pedestrian accidents, as well as motorcycle and bicycle accidents. We represent individuals harmed in crashes caused by distracted drivers, drunk drivers, drowsy drivers, uninsured drivers, hit-and-run drivers, and negligent rideshare drivers. When drivers cause accidents by speeding, failing to heed stop signs or stoplights, or other actions that show a lack of reasonable care for the safety of others, we go the extra mile in bringing them to justice and recovering money damages that fully compensate accident victims for the harm inflicted on them by the negligent driver.
Motor vehicle accidents are painful and traumatic, and the losses suffered can be tragic. Our attorneys take on cases involving the most catastrophic or fatal injuries in all types of accidents, including;
We additionally take on cases involving premises liability accidents, including slip and fall, trip and fall, dog bites and knockdowns. Ohio property owners have a duty to keep their customers and guests safe from dangerous conditions on the premises that the owners know about or should know about and that aren’t obvious to people allowed on the property. Additionally, dog owners are strictly liable for injuries when their animals attack, regardless of whether their dog had ever bitten or acted aggressively before. Despite these laws, owners and their insurers still find ways to pin the blame for an injury on the victim or argue over how extensive the injury really is. Whether it’s a car wreck, a slip and fall, or a dog bite, we go to work right away collecting and preserving important evidence that proves exactly who is liable and what they are liable for.
We serve throughout Central Ohio:
- Canal Winchester
- West Jefferson
- Grove City
- Washington Courthouse
- Mt. Gilead
- Mt. Vernon
Filing a Columbus, OH Personal Injury Lawsuit
The Oliver Law Office takes on cases involving the most catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones, amputations, burns, and back injuries. Additionally, our firm has particular expertise in the most tragic cases where another’s negligence results in a fatality. The pain and loss of wrongful death can’t ever be adequately compensated, but we do our best to quantify the economic and non-economic damages these negligent acts impose, helping families get the compensation they need to recover from the loss of a wage earner or caregiver and feel that at least some measure of justice has been achieved for their missing loved one.
- Medical Attention: Your health is paramount. Always seek medical attention immediately after an accident, even if you feel fine. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately.
- Document Everything: Gather evidence from the scene. This includes photographs, witness statements, and any other relevant information. Keeping a journal of your injuries and recovery can also prove useful.
- Notify Responsible Parties: Inform the at-fault party or their insurance company about the accident. However, be wary of making any recorded statements or accepting any settlements without consulting a lawyer.
- Consult an Attorney: Navigating the legal maze can be daunting. This is where firms like Oliver Law Office come in. With extensive experience in personal injury cases, they can provide invaluable advice and representation.
- File the Lawsuit: If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. This commences the legal process, which may involve discovery, negotiations, and potentially a trial.
Steps to Take After an Accident in Ohio
- Stay Calm and Secure the Scene: Ensure everyone’s safety, and if possible, move vehicles out of traffic.
- Contact Authorities: Call the police, even for minor accidents. A police report can be pivotal in a personal injury case.
- Exchange Information: Gather details from all involved parties, including names, addresses, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
- Avoid Speculation: Only discuss the accident with the police, and avoid admitting fault or speculating about the accident’s causes.
- Contact Your Insurance: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible.
Taking on the Biggest Drug Companies and Device Manufacturers Responsible for Defective Drugs and Medical Devices
Every day the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issues warnings, alerts, and outright recalls of dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. The FDA website is filled with an unending list of serious and deadly dangers, including solutions tainted or contaminated with particulate matter, implants that break apart and migrate throughout the body, drug delivery devices that put out too much or too little medicine, lifesaving devices with faulty batteries, and all the latest blockbuster drugs with unwanted, serious or fatal side effects.
Some of the cases our firm is currently looking into in this complex area of the law include:
- Recalled drugs of all kinds and causing all levels of health hazards
- IVC filters that fracture, perforate tissue, or migrate to the heart or lungs
- Surgical staplers that jam, misfire, and fail to close surgical incisions
- Hernia mesh implants and patches that break under stress and perforate bowels
- Phillips CPAP machines that cause users to inhale or ingest dangerous contaminants
- Bayer/Monsanto Roundup weedkiller causing cancer in long-time users
- Camp Lejeune water contamination that exposed military members, families and others to cancer-causing chemicals for decades
- Exactech hip implants that prematurely fail, forcing patients to undergo painful revision surgeries
A Strong Voice for Resolving Employment Disputes
The Oliver Law Office maintains a robust and comprehensive employment law practice. Our firm stands up for workers who have been discriminated against or harassed at work based on protected characteristics such as age, race, gender, religion or disability. We advocate for whistleblowers and others who are retaliated against at work for engaging in lawfully protected activity. Our wage and hour lawyers represent employees who were paid less than the minimum wage, denied overtime, forced to work off the clock, unreasonably denied FMLA leave, or who were victimized by other wage and hour violations. Our law firm’s strong sense of justice demands that we speak up and speak out on behalf of people who have been wronged in the workplace. If you’ve been the victim of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, or even intentional torts at work, our woman-owned and women-led law firm will help you find your voice and vindicate your rights.
Contact the Columbus Injury Attorneys at Oliver Law Office Today
What can you expect from the Oliver Law Office? Compassion and communication from an attorney and staff who tailor their representation to your needs and are determined to go above and beyond to handle every aspect of your case for you, ensure that you are happy with your experience, and see to it that you get everything you need. From our offices in Dublin and Columbus, we seek justice and compensation every day for the people of Central Ohio harmed by the negligence or wrongful misconduct of others. Call the Columbus personal injury lawyers at Oliver Law Office today at 614-702-2845 so we can learn about your needs and let you know how we can help.