Dublin Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are among the most serious types of injury that a person can experience, and in some circumstances these injuries can be catastrophic. Not only can TBIs impact a person’s quality of life and result in significant physical losses, but they can also require substantial medical care and can result in extensive financial costs. When another party’s negligence or intentional act causes a traumatic brain injury, it is critical to do everything possible to seek compensation from that party and to hold them accountable for the harm their behavior has caused. An attorney can assess your situation to identify the best options for moving forward with a claim for financial compensation. Contact our experienced Dublin traumatic brain injury lawyer today.
What is a Traumatic Brain Injury in Dublin?
The term traumatic brain injury, or TBI, is a specific type of head injury that “affects how the brain works,” according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC explains that TBIs can be caused by a “bump, blow, or jolt to the head,” or by a “penetrating injury to the head.” Traumatic brain injuries are placed into one of three categories based on their severity:
- Mild traumatic brain injuries, or concussions;
- Moderate traumatic brain injuries; and
- Severe traumatic brain injuries.
The symptoms of a TBI will vary depending on the severity, but may include one or more of the following, according to the Mayo Clinic:
- Physical symptoms that may include headache, nausea and vomiting, fatigue, speech problems, dizziness, and loss of consciousness with moderate to severe TBIs;
- Sensory problems that can include blurry vision, ringing in the ears or tinnitus, a bad taste in the mouth, a change to the sense of smell, or increased sensitivity to light or to sound; and
- Cognitive or behavioral symptoms, which can include general disorientation, memory problems, concentration problems, mood changes, depression, anxiety, and sleeping problems.
With moderate to severe TBIs, many of these symptoms are present but are significantly more severe and pronounced. In general, symptoms of a TBI are likely to take hours to days before they appear.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Dublin, Ohio
Traumatic brain injuries in Dublin can have many different causes. According to the CDC, the following are some of the most common causes of TBIs:
- Motor vehicle collisions, including car accidents and truck accidents;
- Falls, which may includes falls from heights or slips and falls;
- Playing contact sports such as football or hockey; and
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
At the Oliver Law Firm, we regularly represent clients in a wide range of personal injury cases involving traumatic brain injuries. We know that even mild TBIs can be life-altering, and we will do everything we can to help you recover compensation for your losses. One of our attorneys can assess your case today to determine who may be liable for the traumatic brain injury that you or a loved one sustained. Contact our experienced Dublin traumatic brain injury lawyer for more information.