Experienced Burn Injury Attorneys in Dublin, Ohio
Burn injuries are among the most painful and severe kinds of injuries that a person can experience. While burn injuries can vary significantly in terms of severity, nearly any type of burn injury that results from another party’s negligence may allow the injured person to file a claim for compensation. Whether your burn injury occurred in a motor vehicle crash or due to a hazard or another person’s property, an attorney at the Oliver Law Firm can discuss your case with you today. You could be eligible to seek compensation through an insurance claim or by filing a personal injury lawsuit, and our firm can help. Contact our experienced Dublin burn injury lawyer today.
Getting the Facts About Dublin Burn Injuries
According to the Cleveland Clinic, a burn happens “when heat, chemicals, sunlight, electricity, or radiation damages skin tissue,” and most types of burns occur in accidents. The American Burn Association provides facts and figures concerning burn accidents in the United States:
- Each year, approximately 486,000 people suffer burn injuries that require medical treatment;
- More than 2,700 people die from burn injuries each year, including approximately 300 from motor vehicle fires in crashes;
- About 40,000 people suffer burn injuries annually that ultimately require hospitalization, and about 30,000 of those people must be treated at specialized burn centers; and
- Majority of serious burn injuries result from exposure to fire or flames, followed by scald injuries, electrical contact, and chemical exposure.
Types of Burn Injuries in Dublin Accidents
The following are the types of burns a person can suffer in an accident in or around Dublin:
- First-degree burns: These are the most mild type of burn and only affect the top layer of a person’s skin. While first-degree burns are painful and become red, they typically heal quickly and do not cause permanent damage.
- Second-degree burns: These are more serious types of burns because they cause damage to the top layer of a person’s skin and to the lower layers of the skin. With a second-degree burn, a person is likely to experience pain and redness, swelling in the area of the burn, and blisters. In some cases, second-degree burns can cause permanent scarring.
- Third-degree burns: These types of burns are extremely serious because they affect all layers of a person’s skin as well as the layer of fat below. In addition, third-degree burns destroy a person’s hair follicles, sweat glands, and nerve endings. With third-degree burns, a person’s skin may turn black, red, or white, and permanent scarring is likely to occur. When third-degree burns occur in large areas of a person’s body, they are catastrophic.
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Did you recently suffer burn injuries in an accident? Depending upon how and where your accident happened, it may be possible to file a lawsuit in order to seek financial compensation. Most burn injury lawsuits will need to be filed within two years from the date of the accident, so it is critical to get in touch with an attorney about your case as soon as you can. Contact our experienced Dublin burn injury lawyer today.
meet the founder jami s. oliver
When Jami Oliver launched her own firm in 2000, she did so with one simple idea in mind: to seek justice for those who have been hurt, injured, or wronged due to the negligence of others. While she’s won numerous awards and accolades in the years since, her philosophy hasn’t changed. If you need an attorney who can advocate for you after an accident, product recall, or other tragedy, the Oliver Law Office should be your first choice.LEARN MORE ABOUT JAMI
It has been 15 years since my trial date in Columbus, and although I think of you and pray for you often, you have been on my mind more rightRead More
Jami and her team are not only incredibly professional but also very caring and patient. They put considerable time and effort into helping me achieve a positive result, and alsoRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during my process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney!! I was involved in a car accident, where the otherRead More
I required Jami's services to negotiate terms in a separation agreement. Jamie provided recommendations based on her experiences and potential outcomes. Personally, this was difficult, and having Jami providing legalRead More
Jami and her team has been great to work with. I've used them primarily to help draft and negotiate business contracts and they always deliver great and timely service. HighlyRead More
Talked to Jami following my car accident in which I was rear ended. She showed a lot of integrity in helping me assess my legal options. I truly got theRead More
Jami is a high quality attorney that provides FIVE STAR service. She helped me with my unemployment claim several years ago which was a platform for me to seek furtherRead More
From the beginning of a very unpleasant experience to closure with a successful completion of our litigation - you and your team have done a great job. Unfortunately bad thingsRead More
I can tell you from personal experience Jami is a voted attorney that combines knowledge, ability and compassion for her clients. I’d hire her again if I ever needed anRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during this process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney and know that she gets the job done.Read More
I first met and hired Attorney Jami Oliver several years ago. I immediately discerned that she is a compassionate advocate for those who have been harmed by negligent acts orRead More
Jami Oliver guided me through the most difficult experience of my life and showed me compassion and professionalism throughout the whole episode. I highly recommend Ms. Oliver as the bestRead More
I can’t express my relief regarding the first time I contacted Oliver Law. I was referred to Oliver law by one of her colleagues who spoke very highly of herRead More
My experience with the Oliver Law Office, from start to finish, was excellent. Ms. Oliver's counsel was invaluable, prompt, and easily explained. She is also gifted in her ability toRead More