Dublin Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riding a bicycle for transportation, recreation, or exercise can be enjoyable but hazardous. Whether you ride regularly on bike trails or you routinely share the road with motor vehicles, it is important to think carefully about bicycle safety and to know about your options for seeking compensation in the event of a serious accident. No matter how careful bicyclists may be, a negligent motorist can cause a devastating collision. If you were injured in a bicycle crash in Ohio, or if you lost a loved one, it is important to get in touch with an attorney to find out more about filing a lawsuit. Contact our experienced Dublin bicycle accidents lawyer to learn more about how our firm can help you with your case.
Getting the Facts About Bicycle Accidents in Dublin
Bicycle accidents occur with more frequency than many of us expect, and they often result from somebody else’s negligence or reckless driving. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies the following as important facts and figures concerning bicycle accidents in the United States:
- Bicyclists in the age group of 55-69 have the highest rate of fatal bicycle injuries;
- Kids, teenagers, and young adults experience the highest rate of nonfatal bicycle accident injuries that require treatment in emergency departments;
- Bicyclists between the ages of 10-24 who are injured in bicycle accidents represent about one-third of all nonfatal bicycle injuries;
- Injuries caused by bicycle accidents result in economic costs of more than $23 billion every year, including medical bills and lost wages;
- Male bicyclists have a higher accident and injury rate than female bicyclists;
- Urban areas are the most dangerous places for bicyclists, and a majority of deadly collisions occur in urban areas;
- Nearly two-thirds of all fatal bicycle accidents happen away from intersections on roads with higher speeds;
- Alcohol is a factor in about one-third of all bicycle accidents;
- Speeding and distracted driving are common causes of bicycle collisions; and
- Bicycle helmets can reduce the likelihood of a brain injury when an accident does happen, while wearing reflective gear and lighting can reduce the likelihood of a collision.
Statute of Limitations for a Dublin Bicycle Accident Lawsuit
When a bicycle accident occurs, it is essential to get started on your case as soon as possible. The quicker you begin working with an attorney, the sooner you may be eligible for compensation. In addition, the faster you get started on your case, the better the chances that you will be able to gather critical evidence to support your claim. No matter what, most bicycle accident lawsuits must be filed within two years. To be clear, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases arising out of bicycle accidents is two years, and the clock will start to tick on the date of the crash.
In the event of a fatal bicycle accident, the statute of limitations is still two years, but the clock on the claim begins to tick on the date of the deceased’s death. To ensure that you file your lawsuit in a timely manner, you should get in touch with a Dublin bicycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Whether you were injured in a bicycle accident, or you recently lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, it may be possible to file a lawsuit in order to seek compensation. When bicycle accidents involve collisions with motor vehicles, they can be devastating. Our attorneys know how important it is to hold the at-fault party accountable while also seeking compensation for your losses. Contact our experienced Dublin bicycle accidents lawyer to find out more about filing a claim.