Newark Personal Injury Lawyer
Newark, Ohio, is a bustling city with a mix of residential charm and commercial hustle. While it offers an array of opportunities and a strong sense of community, it is not exempt from incidents that can drastically alter lives—such as personal injury accidents. The skilled Newark personal injury lawyers at Oliver Law Office can help if you have a potential claim, contact us today.
Injury Statistics in Newark, Ohio
The increasing number of personal injury accidents in Newark is a pressing concern for both residents and local authorities. According to available data:
- Motor vehicle accidents top the list of personal injury causes in the city, followed by workplace incidents.
- Around 18% of severe car accidents in Newark result in traumatic brain injuries.
- Pedestrian and cyclist-involved accidents account for approximately 12% of personal injury claims.
Immediate Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Knowing what to do in the immediate aftermath of a car accident can make a substantial difference in your ability to file a successful personal injury claim.
- Check for Immediate Injuries: Assess the health status of yourself and others involved. If required, call 911 for medical assistance.
- Relocate to a Safe Zone: Move vehicles away from active traffic lanes to reduce the risk of further accidents, if feasible.
- Document the Scene: Capture photographs or videos of the accident scene, including damages to vehicles, road conditions, and any visible injuries.
- Exchange Details: Collect names, insurance information, and contact details from all parties involved in the accident.
- Report to Authorities: Contact local police to file an official accident report. This will be crucial for your personal injury claim.
- Seek Medical Evaluation: Even if you feel fine, consult a medical professional for a complete check-up, as some injuries manifest symptoms later.
- Consult a Lawyer: Before communicating with insurance companies, seek advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer.
How to File a Personal Injury Claim in Ohio
- Statute of Limitations: You generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Ohio.
- Comparative Negligence: Ohio uses a “modified comparative negligence” system, which means you may be eligible for compensation even if you were partially at fault, provided your fault is less than 51%.
- Collect Necessary Documents: Assemble all relevant documents, such as medical records, the police report, and any witness testimonies to strengthen your case.
The Expertise of Oliver Law Office
When it comes to navigating the intricate pathways of Ohio’s personal injury laws, Oliver Law Office stands out as an experienced and dedicated firm. Specializing in personal injury cases, including those in Newark, they have a proven track record of obtaining favorable results for their clients. Their methodical approach to gathering evidence and skilled negotiations with insurance companies can be invaluable assets in securing the compensation you deserve.
By choosing Oliver Law Office, you’re aligning yourself with a team of professionals committed to providing personalized legal solutions tailored to your unique circumstances. Their relentless pursuit of justice and fair compensation makes them a reliable choice for handling your personal injury claim in Newark, Ohio.