Professional Defective Medical Devices Attorneys in Dublin, Ohio
Technology has come a long way in the medical field. There are all kinds of medical devices nowadays and many have the potential to prevent pregnancies, enhance mobility, replace joints, keep hearts beating, and save lives in general.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) closely monitors these dangerous medical devices. However, there is still room for errors. Defects can occur during the design phase, manufacturing process, or marketing. In many cases, it takes a while to recall a medical device, so there may be countless victims who have been injured or killed.
Oliver Law Office can help you obtain compensation for damages you have suffered due to a defective medical device. Seek legal help from our experienced Dublin defective medical devices lawyer today.
Types of Defective Medical Devices
Over the years, there have been many defective medical devices on the market, including the following:
- Bair Hugger blankets. These blankets were meant to keep a patient warm before, during, and after surgery to prevent complications from hypothermia. However, the blankets have been linked to infections.
- Hernia mesh. Hernia mesh is used to strengthen tissue walls during hernia repair surgeries. This mesh also decreases the recurrence of hernias. However, many patients have experienced complications such as infections and perforation of internal organs and tissues.
- Hip replacements. Hip replacements are artificial joints used to replace a patient’s hip joint. While these replacements can improve mobility and eliminate pain, some have design flaws that can actually cause the opposite to occur. DePuy’s PINNACLE hip is an example of an implant that causes infections and has a high rate of failure.
- IVC filters. These filters are meant to prevent blood clots from reaching the heart or lungs, which could be fatal for a patient. However, the device can break and become a danger itself, causing a blockage in the heart or lungs.
- Essure is a form of permanent birth control. It’s like a tubal ligation but less invasive. However, thousands of women have reported severe complications, including pain, bloating, and perforation of the uterine wall. While the manufacturer claimed the device was safe, the company eventually recalled Essure.
- Mirena is another form of birth control that’s known to be defective. It’s an intrauterine device that eliminates the need to take a daily pill. It’s supposed to be more reliable than other forms of contraception. However, many women have reported severe complications such as hypertension and the perforation of the uterine wall.
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Medical devices are supposed to help us, but some cause more harm than good. Many people suffer serious injuries or death due to drugs, machines, stents, filters, mesh, implants, and more.
If you have been injured by a defective product, you need someone on your side who will objectively assess your case and help you understand your legal options. That’s where Oliver Law Office comes in. We have more than 25 years of experience seeking justice for those who have been hurt, injured, or wronged due to the negligence of others. Schedule a consultation with a Dublin defective medical devices lawyer today by calling (614)-220-9100 or filling out the online form.
meet the founder jami s. oliver
When Jami Oliver launched her own firm in 2000, she did so with one simple idea in mind: to seek justice for those who have been hurt, injured, or wronged due to the negligence of others. While she’s won numerous awards and accolades in the years since, her philosophy hasn’t changed. If you need an attorney who can advocate for you after an accident, product recall, or other tragedy, the Oliver Law Office should be your first choice.LEARN MORE ABOUT JAMI
It has been 15 years since my trial date in Columbus, and although I think of you and pray for you often, you have been on my mind more rightRead More
Jami and her team are not only incredibly professional but also very caring and patient. They put considerable time and effort into helping me achieve a positive result, and alsoRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during my process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney!! I was involved in a car accident, where the otherRead More
I required Jami's services to negotiate terms in a separation agreement. Jamie provided recommendations based on her experiences and potential outcomes. Personally, this was difficult, and having Jami providing legalRead More
Jami and her team has been great to work with. I've used them primarily to help draft and negotiate business contracts and they always deliver great and timely service. HighlyRead More
Talked to Jami following my car accident in which I was rear ended. She showed a lot of integrity in helping me assess my legal options. I truly got theRead More
Jami is a high quality attorney that provides FIVE STAR service. She helped me with my unemployment claim several years ago which was a platform for me to seek furtherRead More
From the beginning of a very unpleasant experience to closure with a successful completion of our litigation - you and your team have done a great job. Unfortunately bad thingsRead More
I can tell you from personal experience Jami is a voted attorney that combines knowledge, ability and compassion for her clients. I’d hire her again if I ever needed anRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during this process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney and know that she gets the job done.Read More
I first met and hired Attorney Jami Oliver several years ago. I immediately discerned that she is a compassionate advocate for those who have been harmed by negligent acts orRead More
Jami Oliver guided me through the most difficult experience of my life and showed me compassion and professionalism throughout the whole episode. I highly recommend Ms. Oliver as the bestRead More
I can’t express my relief regarding the first time I contacted Oliver Law. I was referred to Oliver law by one of her colleagues who spoke very highly of herRead More
My experience with the Oliver Law Office, from start to finish, was excellent. Ms. Oliver's counsel was invaluable, prompt, and easily explained. She is also gifted in her ability toRead More