Dublin Defective Medical Devices Lawyer
Technology has come a long way in the medical field. There are all kinds of medical devices nowadays and many have the potential to prevent pregnancies, enhance mobility, replace joints, keep hearts beating, and save lives in general.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) closely monitors these dangerous medical devices. However, there is still room for errors. Defects can occur during the design phase, manufacturing process, or marketing. In many cases, it takes a while to recall a medical device, so there may be countless victims who have been injured or killed.
Oliver Law Office can help you obtain compensation for damages you have suffered due to a defective medical device. Seek legal help from our experienced Dublin defective medical devices lawyer today.
Types of Defective Medical Devices
Over the years, there have been many defective medical devices on the market, including the following:
- Bair Hugger blankets. These blankets were meant to keep a patient warm before, during, and after surgery to prevent complications from hypothermia. However, the blankets have been linked to infections.
- Hernia mesh. Hernia mesh is used to strengthen tissue walls during hernia repair surgeries. This mesh also decreases the recurrence of hernias. However, many patients have experienced complications such as infections and perforation of internal organs and tissues.
- Hip replacements. Hip replacements are artificial joints used to replace a patient’s hip joint. While these replacements can improve mobility and eliminate pain, some have design flaws that can actually cause the opposite to occur. DePuy’s PINNACLE hip is an example of an implant that causes infections and has a high rate of failure.
- IVC filters. These filters are meant to prevent blood clots from reaching the heart or lungs, which could be fatal for a patient. However, the device can break and become a danger itself, causing a blockage in the heart or lungs.
- Essure is a form of permanent birth control. It’s like a tubal ligation but less invasive. However, thousands of women have reported severe complications, including pain, bloating, and perforation of the uterine wall. While the manufacturer claimed the device was safe, the company eventually recalled Essure.
- Mirena is another form of birth control that’s known to be defective. It’s an intrauterine device that eliminates the need to take a daily pill. It’s supposed to be more reliable than other forms of contraception. However, many women have reported severe complications such as hypertension and the perforation of the uterine wall.
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Medical devices are supposed to help us, but some cause more harm than good. Many people suffer serious injuries or death due to drugs, machines, stents, filters, mesh, implants, and more.
If you have been injured by a defective product, you need someone on your side who will objectively assess your case and help you understand your legal options. That’s where Oliver Law Office comes in. We have more than 25 years of experience seeking justice for those who have been hurt, injured, or wronged due to the negligence of others. Schedule a consultation with a Dublin defective medical devices lawyer today by calling (614) 220-9100 or filling out the online form.