Dublin Hernia Mesh Lawyer
Hernia mesh is a medical device that supports damaged tissue around a hernia, allowing for better healing. Mesh may come in several forms, including sheets, patches, and plugs. A surgeon places the mesh across the area surrounding the hernia. It is then attached with glue, stitches, or staples.
Also known as surgical mesh, hernia mesh may improve a patient’s outcome because the surgery and recovery are much quicker compared to other options. However, hernia mesh complications are quite common, with many patients requiring removal or revision surgeries to treat these complications.
Hernia mesh became common in the 1980s and is used in roughly 90% of hernia surgeries in the United States. However, it can be dangerous, leading to various complications. If you have been a victim, the team at Oliver Law Office can help you get the compensation you deserve. Schedule a consultation with our experienced Dublin hernia mesh lawyer today.
Complications of Hernia Mesh
Hernia mesh patients often experience complications so severe that they need additional surgeries to fix their problems. Some even claim their complications continued after revision surgery. You may be able to file a lawsuit if you’ve experienced any of the following complications:
- This is when the mesh implant sticks to tissue or organs.
- Long-lasting pain may lead to chronic inflammation or nerve damage.
- Groin or testicular pain. Pinched nerves can cause a burning sensation at the surgery site.
- Swelling or inflammation around the hernia mesh can lead to infection.
- Bowel obstruction. The hernia mesh may stick to the intestines or move around in the body, causing a blockage in the bowel.
- Migration and perforation of organs or tissues. The hernia mesh may move around inside the body and puncture other body parts during migration.
- These refer to pockets of fluid buildup around the surgery site.
- Hernia recurrence. The hernia may come back, which is a common complication.
Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
Patients who have suffered any of the above complications due to a hernia mesh defect or failure can file a lawsuit against the liable party. Typically, the manufacturer or doctor is at fault. A lawsuit can help you recover compensation for the damages you have suffered, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Hernia mesh lawsuits are typically based on the following:
- Defective product design
- Defective product manufacturing
- Improper product labeling
- Failure to warn
- Medical malpractice by the doctor who implanted the faulty mesh
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Hernia mesh can be helpful for many people after hernia surgery. However, it comes with many risks and complications. In fact, thousands of people have filed lawsuits.
You can, too. If you have been injured by hernia mesh, Oliver Law Office can help. We can advise you of your legal rights. Contact us today to learn how you may be eligible for compensation. To schedule a consultation with a Dublin hernia mesh lawyer, fill out the online form or call (614) 220-9100.