Dublin Wage/Hour & FLSA Lawyer
When we accept a job, we expect to get paid on time and get paid the proper amount owed. If the employer is always late with payroll or pays you a lot less than expected, it can be frustrating. We have bills to pay. We need to make sure that a job is worth it based on our lifestyle.
If your employer violated your rights as an employee, then you may have a valid claim against them. Some examples of wage and hour issues include:
- Not paying at least minimum wages
- Not paying overtime wages when working 40+ hours per week
- Not allowing paid breaks
- Not paying your vacation time when you earned it
- Taking away your tips or commissions
- Taking deductions from paychecks for no reason
You deserve to get paid what you are worth in accordance with state and federal laws. Oliver Law can help you understand your legal rights. Contact a Dublin wage & hour and FLSA lawyer to schedule a consultation today.
Elements of the Fair Labor Standard Act
The Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA) encompasses several laws such as the following:
- Minimum wage. While the federal minimum wage is set at $7.25 per hour, Ohio, like most other states, also has minimum wage laws. It is currently at $10.10 per hour. In these situations, the employee is entitled to the higher minimum wage.
- FLSA overtime. Nonexempt employees are required to receive overtime if they work more than 40 hours per workweek. Any hours over 40 must be paid at a rate of one and one-half times the regular rate of pay. So if a person’s regular pay rate is $20 per hour, they must be paid $30 an hour for overtime. There is no limit on the number of hours an employee over the age of 16 years or older may work in any workweek.
- Hours worked. Hours worked include all the time in which an employee is required to be on duty, on the employer’s premises, or at a prescribed workplace. An employer cannot require a worker to show up early and not get paid for this time.
- Accurate and regular recordkeeping is essential for Ohio employers. They must keep employee time and pay records as well as display an official poster outlining the requirements of the FLSA.
- Child labor. There are laws in place to keep children safe and out of dangerous workplaces. Under the FLSa, children are prohibited from working in conditions that are detrimental to their health or well-being.
Contact Oliver Law Office Today
Wage theft is a serious issue. You are expected to receive fair compensation under state and federal laws.
Oliver Law Office has handled many claims regarding wage issues. We understand the laws involved and make sure you are properly compensated for your time and effort in the workplace. To schedule a consultation with a Dublin wage & hour and FLSA lawyer, fill out the online form or call (614) 220-9100.
meet the founder jami s. oliver
When Jami Oliver launched her own firm in 2000, she did so with one simple idea in mind: to seek justice for those who have been hurt, injured, or wronged due to the negligence of others. While she’s won numerous awards and accolades in the years since, her philosophy hasn’t changed. If you need an attorney who can advocate for you after an accident, product recall, or other tragedy, the Oliver Law Office should be your first choice.LEARN MORE ABOUT JAMI
It has been 15 years since my trial date in Columbus, and although I think of you and pray for you often, you have been on my mind more rightRead More
Jami and her team are not only incredibly professional but also very caring and patient. They put considerable time and effort into helping me achieve a positive result, and alsoRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during my process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney!! I was involved in a car accident, where the otherRead More
I required Jami's services to negotiate terms in a separation agreement. Jamie provided recommendations based on her experiences and potential outcomes. Personally, this was difficult, and having Jami providing legalRead More
Jami and her team has been great to work with. I've used them primarily to help draft and negotiate business contracts and they always deliver great and timely service. HighlyRead More
Talked to Jami following my car accident in which I was rear ended. She showed a lot of integrity in helping me assess my legal options. I truly got theRead More
Jami is a high quality attorney that provides FIVE STAR service. She helped me with my unemployment claim several years ago which was a platform for me to seek furtherRead More
From the beginning of a very unpleasant experience to closure with a successful completion of our litigation - you and your team have done a great job. Unfortunately bad thingsRead More
I can tell you from personal experience Jami is a voted attorney that combines knowledge, ability and compassion for her clients. I’d hire her again if I ever needed anRead More
Jami was nothing but helpful during this process. I was able to put my trust in her as my attorney and know that she gets the job done.Read More
I first met and hired Attorney Jami Oliver several years ago. I immediately discerned that she is a compassionate advocate for those who have been harmed by negligent acts orRead More
Jami Oliver guided me through the most difficult experience of my life and showed me compassion and professionalism throughout the whole episode. I highly recommend Ms. Oliver as the bestRead More
I can’t express my relief regarding the first time I contacted Oliver Law. I was referred to Oliver law by one of her colleagues who spoke very highly of herRead More
My experience with the Oliver Law Office, from start to finish, was excellent. Ms. Oliver's counsel was invaluable, prompt, and easily explained. She is also gifted in her ability toRead More